Wednesday, April 11, 2018

AWARE Center May Schedule of Events

AWARE DIWANIYA: RAMADAN TIPS: DO’S AND DON’TS
08.05.2018
How should I greet Muslims on the occasion of Ramadan? How should I reply if they greet me? Should my public behavior change in Ramadan? When and where can I eat during daylight hours? How should I handle food gifts from neighbors or colleagues? What should I expect if I accept an invitation to break the fast? What will happen on the roads? When is the best time to shop? Will my paperwork get done? And how should I look at non-productivity and excessiveness? The presentation will start at 7 pm on Tuesday, May 8, 2018 & will be followed a dinner buffet. RSVP required at info@aware.com.kw


MOVIE NIGHT: THE MESSAGE
01.05.2018
The film follows Muhammad's first years as a prophet starting with Islam's beginnings in Mecca in which the Muslims are persecuted, the exodus to Medina, & ending with the Muslims' triumphant return to Mecca. A number of crucial events, such as the battle of Badr & the battle of Uhud are depicted, & the majority of the story is told from the point-ofview of peripheral individuals such as Hamzaibn` Abd Al-Muttalib (Muhammad's Uncle), Abu Sufyan (the leader of Mecca) & his wife Hind bint Utbah (enemies of Islam who later become Muslims themselves). Movie Duration: 180 minutes approx. Popcorn & soft drinks will be provided.


GUIDED TOUR: GRAND MOSQUE
12.05.2018
For a rewarding, spiritual & informative experience. This is a 1½ tour of one of Kuwait’s most famous landmarks. Ladies are required to cover - long sleeves and long ankle length skirt, otherwise the mosque will provide a cloak. If you have your own scarf you’re welcome to bring it. Cameras are allowed. Children are welcome. This tour meets directly at the Grand Mosque. This tour does not require prior registration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always great to hear from you :O)