Wednesday, February 7, 2018

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People


Our read for the month. This is pretty good. Can't believe I haven't read it before. I'm having my darling girl read it to me everyday. She hates reading - I can't believe she is doing English Literature at IGCSE. I think she and I both are enjoying some aha moments in the book. Though she would never admit it. 

A few gems from the book:

 “Perhaps a sense of possessing needs to come to come before a sense of genuine sharing.” This was a complete slap in the face for me. As a child my daughter had a few moments of complete and utter inability to share her toys. I wish I had known this back then. I would have handled things differently.

“If you don't let a teacher know what level you are -- by asking a question, or revealing your ignorance -- you will not learn or grow”. Which of course can be applied to most relationships.

“If you carefully consider what you wanted to be said of you in the funeral experience, you will find your definition of success.”  I love this it just puts everything in perspective.

“Albert Einstein observed, “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.” True. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Always great to hear from you :O)