Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Review: Artspace Studio, Cafe and Gallery



Artspace is located on the 2nd floor (take the lift), Galleria Mall, Salem Al Mubarak Street, Salmiya. Tel. 9777 5273 Open daily from 11am-10pm except Friday 3pm-11pm. 

My dear friend and I went along for the morning today. A beautiful airy place, with a cute and very welcome coffee bar and a stunning collection of art on display by the incredibly talented Khalid Al Najdi.  

We were given large canvases, easels, aprons, brushes, acrylics paints and our own instructor - excellent value so far for the KD 11 Mother's Day Special offer. We deviated slightly from the above schedule managing to convince Zaina to let us do one of her wonderful paintings instead, and because the other ladies who booked were really late, she gave in and let us do the painting that we both loved and had the perfect spot for at home. 

Zaina gave us clear instructions at each stage. After drawing our outlines we got stuck in with the acrylic paints, copying the shapes, shading and finally highlighting. The initial outline I found quite easy to do, but the actual painting part was a bit trickier than I anticipated. Zaina was at hand all the way through to encourage, advise and even correct, if necessary. Both my friend and I were pretty happy with our efforts and we would definitely go back to Artspace again as we really enjoyed our experience. 

My first attempt..


Thank you Artspace. It's a 9/10 from me for the whole experience but I'm sure if I get better I'll give it a 10/10.

Meanwhile, I shall be watching a few Youtube videos to 'brush' up my technique. 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always great to hear from you :O)