Sunday, December 13, 2015

I Hate Parenting. There I've said it. Shoot me, it would be a far easier way to die...



Exams have started and I should really take myself to an ashram in Pune but it would be a complete waste of money as I would be trying to climb the nearest hill to secure a decent Wi-Fi signal to ensure my preciousness finishes her revision. I swear I don't expect all A*s but this morning to have the little darling show me the 25 pages of French revision that she hasn't done was just too much for me. The problem is I ask her daily about homework, revision and projects - and this it would seem is my problem. I need to stop giving a poop and let her fail but I have been wired not to do that and so find it impossible.

I have got myself a stress reduction kit above and look forward to the quiet blissful moments of unconsciousness. Might just help some other like-minded parents out there too.





4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, but I am WAY too selfish to be a parent. I don't know how you courageous people do it. Truly, I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smart girl. Never thought of myself as courageous. Mostly obstinate, delusional, desperate, flaky, bewildered and discombobulated.

      Delete
  2. Ahhh Kim! I just got done with a half hour rant about tevision and opening FB to find your post. Thank God we can all be honest and admit defeat once in a while...roll on Thursday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya sister. I'm thinking this working on the Chromebook business needs re-evaluation. If she's not on YouTube it's ask.fm. Let's see what the exam results are like this year.

      Delete

Always great to hear from you :O)