Sunday, October 11, 2015

Kahlil Gibran: LOVE and the Meaning of Life

 gibran-fanciullo-e-adulto 

“The spiritual awakening is the most essential thing in man’s life, and it is the sole purpose of being.”

The Reality of Life is Life itself, whose beginning is not in the womb, and whose ending is not in the grave. For the years that pass are naught but a moment in eternal life; and the world of matter and all in it is but a dream compared to the awakening which we call the terror of Death.
Vain are the beliefs and teachings that make man miserable, and false is the goodness that leads him into sorrow and despair, for it is man’s purpose to be happy on this earth and lead the way to felicity and preach its gospel wherever he goes. He who does not see the kingdom of heaven in this life will never see it in the coming life. We came not into this life by exile, but we came as innocent creatures of God, to learn how to worship the holy and eternal spirit and seek the hidden secrets within ourselves from the beauty of life.
The true light is that which emanates from within man, and reveals the secrets of the heart to the soul, making it happy and contented with life.
Love is my sole entertainer, singing songs of happiness for me at night and waking me at dawn to reveal the meaning of life and the secrets of nature.

“I was deeply engrossed in thought and contemplation and seeking to understand the meaning of nature and the revelation of books and scriptures when I heard LOVE whispered into my ears through Selma’s lips. My life was a coma, empty like that of Adam’s in Paradise, when I saw Selma standing before me like a column of light. She was the Eve of my heart who filled it with secrets and wonders and made me understand the meaning of life.” ~ The Broken Wings

LWDLIK - I adore Gibran and Rumi. I have to agree that one does not feel more alive, or more dead, than during the beginning and end of love. But what do we have in between? The promise of love? The rejection of love? The search of love? Does this mean we revolve around love as well as the sun? I like the idea that love comes in many shapes and forms the love of a beautiful sunset, love of your children, love of a partner, love of a good shower, love of a great plate of pasta, love of friends, and the list goes on and on.

Have a lovely day.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Always great to hear from you :O)