Saturday, August 15, 2015

Review: The Breakfast Club, KIPCO Tower :O)
























The very popular Breakfast Club in Fintas has been open for a few years now I'd meant to get myself down there to try it out but just never got around to it. So I was delighted when they opened a branch in KIPCO Tower in Sharq which is really convenient for me. Not so delighted when we tried twice to visit for breakfast only to find the place had a waiting list and a seating time of between 20-30 minutes. I don't do queues and my 12 year old doesn't have the patience so we ended up going elsewhere. Although a sure sign the food at Breakfast Club must be really good.
We did get lucky on our third attempt. The restaurant was packed at 12 noon on a week day with people enjoying brunch. A varied menu on a mini iPad from poached eggs to pasta. We decided to order the Big Sandwich and the Nutella Zeppole. Service was a bit slow but the place was full so understandable I suppose but my rumbling tummy and my daughter's salivating at all the delicious looking dishes wafting past us made every minute we waited agonizing. The Big Sandwich is good for sharing and comes with perfect fries. It was fabulous. A nice sweet, fresh brioche/Challah type bread with fried egg, bacon, melted cheese and some other stuff in there but it was gone and a mere pleasant satisfying memory in no time. The zeppole (Italian deep-fried doughnut type pastries) were too moist/doughy. My daughter polished them off - probably because of the Nutella. So I could hardly complain to the waiter. My other critique would be that the latte didn't have enough milk. Would definitely go back to try the Kinder pancakes which I've been dreaming about but will call ahead to try to avoid waiting.

It's a 9/10 from me.

KIPCO Tower, 1st Floor, Tel. 2294 3212. 
Fintas, Block 1, Street 4, Tel. 9881 3220.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always great to hear from you :O)