Friday, July 11, 2014

Another Crazy Dara'a Mission 2014



 
 
Well, it's finished and ready to wear this evening. Every year I promise myself I will be well prepared with dara'as for Ramadan and Guirgian and every year I dash around frantically at the last second. The expos were very expensive, Indian Heritage in Souk Safat had a few nice, heavily Indian-influenced dara'as, Awqaf complex had nasty stuff at extortionate prices, so yet again I got the mad crazy idea that I could sew a better one for a 1/4 of the price. And I did. At least I know this one can be dry cleaned without falling apart. Had a bag, for her sweety stash, embroidered with her name (KD 5 upstairs at Souk Safat). We changed our minds a 100 times choosing fabric but in the end my poppet chose well. So if you see a kid out tonight in this outfit ...GIVE HER SWEETS!
 
 
Previous DIY dara'a mission [link].
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always great to hear from you :O)