Tuesday, January 31, 2012

If Only for One Night - Luther Vandross


With Valentine's Day approaching and Liberation Day not far behind here's one of the few songs that can evoke in me strong feelings of love and pain. A reminder of the long six month seperation from my husband during the Invasion of Kuwait in 1990/1. Have to keep the hankies nearby everytime I hear it.  I give you Mr. Luther Vandross.


Yep, it's the first two lines that get me everytime.

And another song is Oleta Adams - Get Here.

2 comments:

  1. I love that song!

    It was originally composed/sang by Brenda Russel and my memories go back even before Luther sang it. ... happy sigh...

    21 years since the liberation. Do you feel as old as I do? :)

    I'm glad you got your man back and mashallah, have had 21 more years of happy memories together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi DG

    Thank you sweety pie. It's such a beautiful song and I love Luther's voice. This was my prayer during those times. Feel so very blessed it worked out well for us.

    I have been reading some of the Invasion stories, in the Arab Times, and it is heartbreaking to hear of the suffering many went through.

    Hope there's fireworks this year :OD

    ReplyDelete

Always great to hear from you :O)