Saturday, January 28, 2012

Books about Kuwait, the People and the Region


There are many books written over the past few years of life in Kuwait and the region, some are detailing the Invasion of Kuwait, others deal with some of the harsh realism of Kuwait today and one I've come across, by a local author, is tackling the interesting subject of Khadija; The Prophet's wife.

I haven't managed to read them all but hopefully I shall get around to doing so one day.. 

Letter Home by Karen Alanizi   

Letter Home



















Small Kingdom by Anastasia Hobbet



Suitcase Filled With Nails by Yvonne Pepin-Wakefield




Why did I choose Kuwait by Samah Oueslati.
(Available at That Al Salasil bookstore
located in Avenues Mall, phase2.





Khadija: The First Lady of Islam by Maxine Meilleur

Cover for 'Khadijah: The First Lady of Islam'


I have been assured by the authors, of the ones I haven't read, that the subjects are dealt with respectfully and I do hope so.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always great to hear from you :O)