Friday, January 13, 2012

HH The Amir to Officially Open Bayt Abdullah Children's Hospice














**Oops...ok so this is being updated 17/1/2012 and I need to make a retraction. Seems one should not post an excited 8 year old's ramblings until one (me) has checked her facts first....

Seems 40 kids are going from her school (and not just her and another child) to represent the  school at the official opening, by the Amir, of Bayt Abdullah Children's Hospice. My apologies.

She's so very excited and is busy learning a song that they will sing for His Highness the Amir.

Apparently, there's a ferris wheel at Bayt Abdullah  (don't quote me on that.. it's from my 8 yr old :O) I hope she can take a camera along as she wants to post about the opening on this blog. She really wants her own blog but seems she should be 13 and she's only 8, so she'll have to wait a while. Meanwhile have made her an area on here to post on called 'A Little Blogger in Kuwait', it's a tab at the top of the homepage [link].

She has met HH before and I'm hoping she is not going to try and engage him in conversation about their previous meeting because she can really chat and he's a very busy man. I have briefed her but quite honestly I'm not fully confident.

To learn more about Bayt Abdullah Children's Hospice [link]. Look out next week for the young lady's first post.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your daughter and her being selected. You must be very proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Louise. I think they must have kids attending from all the schools.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Louise - As per the update above I have since found out that she is one of 40 kids going from her school and that there will be around 400 kids attending and that the Amir can't make it so the Deputy Amir and Crown Prince will attend. But will have to get the full rundown when my little one gets back from school. She will be surprised to hear and see that the Amir couldn't make it. I do hope she doesn't ask the Deputy Amir who he is ;O)

    ReplyDelete

Always great to hear from you :O)