Saturday, November 26, 2011

To Review or Not to Review..That is the question

I get quite a few invites from restaurants, some I visit and some I have no desire to visit. Occassionally something piques my interest and I go along. However, I have yet to be invited or try goods from a business that has really impressed me. I am straight with them - If the food, ambiance, service isn't up to par then I feel it's best to tell them in an email and not rave about them or give them a recommendation.

I have read some recommendations and glowing reviews of restaurants that have me wondering if we visited the same place.

This morning, for brunch, I decided to order some bagels from a place that is currently causing a buzz on blogs (I'm sure I could have asked for a freebie and got one, but I would never ask). Other than the fact they delivered, all else was disappointing. Not meaning to be cryptic but actually the business in question is not really the problem. The problem is it got so much hype from social media that my expectations were also heightened.

Businesses out there - do yourself a favour, improve your product instead of shmoozing people and trying to live off the hype.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Always great to hear from you :O)