Monday, October 17, 2011

Bravo Badrya!

Why not KAC?

by Kuwait Times on Sunday, 16 October 2011 at 23:32


Published Date: October 17, 2011
By Badrya Darwish

I was amazed that one of our MPs threatened to grill the Minister of Interior the other day. In the beginning when I saw the words threat, grilling and Minister of Interior, I thought God help us, I'm sure there was a serious crime committed somewhere and the Minister was unaware of it. Guess what guys, the honorable gentleman is worried about why the Ministry of Interior is deporting people and flying them out of Kuwait on Jazeera Airways and not Kuwait Airways(KAC).

In all honesty, I would imagine that this MP does not live in Kuwait. I expect him to question why the Kuwait Airways case is still pending. Our national airline, let me tell you, used to be one of the best carriers in the Middle East twenty years ago. All of a sudden, the airline started deteriorating in all aspects. From services to maintenance to timings, just to name a few.

Many stories spread about Kuwait Airways - that there was a conspiracy to bring the airline down, ruin its reputation so it could be privatized. Even after 15 years of rumors and delays, discussions in the Parliament on the problem is still pending. I don't know why the people in Kuwait are not bothered about our national airline's situation. The honorable gentleman does not know the story of KAC, he doesn't see how all the neighboring countries' airlines are booming; doesn't he or his colleagues have any
national pride?

Do they not see how Emirates Airlines is doing? No envy is meant, I'm writing in good will. Don't they see Qatar Airways and the reputation it is building being the world's five star airline? Don't they see even the most recent airlines, Fly Dubai, a budget airline, that is efficient and also booming. Their own terminal in Dubai is almost as large as the whole of Kuwait International Airport.

And after all this, the gentleman wanted to question the Minister over the issue of repatriating deported people on Jazeera Airways. I will answer you on his behalf, though I'm sure the Minister does not need my defense. My dear friend, Jazeera Airways is much cheaper and if I am flying alleged criminals or illegal residents out of here, I would also opt for the cheapest ticket I can get my hands on. And secondly, Jazeera Airways is on time and more efficient.

Can I ask the gentleman if he flies Kuwait Airways when he travels with his family?

2 comments:

  1. Well said ! And "no offence intended" the answer has been provided by an expat mommy living in Kuwait ! My point here is Why are the MP's of this wonderful country wasteting the precious time of parliament with all these grillings etc Shouldn't they be getting on with running the country instead of bickering and back biting ? Lxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lxx, How's mr D? All better I hope :O) All credit to the brave and loud journalists here who tell it like it is. Especially the all-knowing oracle :O)

    ReplyDelete

Always great to hear from you :O)