Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Why Blog?

Yesterday my friends asked me why I do this blog especially when:

1) It's extremely frustrating at times.
2) There are some annoying people out there posting silly stuff.
3) Takes up a lot of my precious day.
4) Doesn't pay!

BUT most days I enjoy blogging, love some of my smart and savvy commenters, hope it will convince me that I can write and people will read (a local Huffington Post maybe?), have my own personal diary of events etc at my fingertips and lastly I actually get a kick out of providing info to people so that they can enjoy their time in Kuwait. It was so sad when I heard people say there's nothing to do and nowhere to go here.

I don't hear that so often any more :OD

5 comments:

  1. You can add this other reason: We love reading you. Thanks a lot for your work

    ReplyDelete
  2. was at the BLS bazaar yesterday and a journalist from a newspaper was doing an article on how people can have fun in kuwait. I told her people should read blogs like ladieswhodolunch and check out the events listed ;)
    We blog because we CAN!! It may not pay monetarily but think of how much information you've made readily available to people who need it.. and the blessings they've sent your way :D
    I also like reading your take on the news and other stuff you post, brings a wide grin to my face :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Natalia Q8 - Thank you that's more than enough x

    @ purple moonbeam - You are the best sweetypie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't stop! We're about to move to Kuwait and it's been so helpful to read your blog and have a bit of an idea of what we can do/what life will be like there! Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear K, only if you promise to actually do some of the great stuff going on. No excuses; it's hot, language, tired, yadda, yadda...
    :OD Deal?

    ReplyDelete

Always great to hear from you :O)