Thursday, May 5, 2011

Neither Here Nor There - Art Exhibit

Confashions from Kuwait passed by Dar Al Funoon Gallery (map) yesterday to check out an exhibition curated by Simin Dehghani titled Neither Here Nor There. The exhibition brings together the work of Iranian artists Peyman Houshmandzadeh, Nima Alizdeh, Shantia Zakerameli, Adel Younesi, Rosita Sharafjahan, and Afshin Chizari whom each express displacement, culture shock, denial, and other psychological reactions to the environment in which their subjects have suddenly found themselves. Favorite pieces were by Rosita Sharafjahan where she used a series embroidery on printed fabric (shown here below ). For more pics of the interesting work check Confashions blog.

The event will be on until May 19th.


















Thank you for the info and pic Confashions.

2 comments:

  1. I agree! LOVED the embroidered ones even though initially I was turned off by them. They invoked a very confused feeling inside me because one second I was revolted and the next I was in love.

    Ghadah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ghadah, I want to say something incredibly smart but I got nothing..They remind me of the old telephone exchanges with all the wires and messages getting crossed like a disturbed or hyper-active brain. Hope there are no therapists reading this LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Always great to hear from you :O)