Tuesday, May 17, 2011

From Miyuki in Kesennuma, Japan





















My dear, new Japanese friend Miyuki and her children are back in Japan. They had been evacuated from Japan to Kuwait. I got to meet them and her Kuwaiti husband Abdullah Mudthafer (I posted their story on here a while back) at a fund raiser for Japan at the Al Arfaj's home in Mishref.


My husband and friends were able to help them out a little whilst they were here. Most importantly I wanted her to know people did care. Her children Yusif (Yoyo), Kazem (Kazumi) and  Saara who looked so shell shocked when I first met them and I was so very worried about them. And her husband Abdullah (who could not sleep at nights because of worry and nightmares).


The children missed their friends, family and country so much. Even for Miyuki knowing all the dangers; it was easier to go back and be with people who are sharing in your tragedy and the rebuilding of your life than to be here.


Getting to know Miyuki was such a pleasure she's such a fabulous lady and I know with her strength and courage she will get her family through this.




My email from Miyuki today..




Hello, Kim! How are you there? It has been two weeks since I returned to my city Kesennuma.
Thank you very much for everything and treating us with a warm heart in Kuwait.
Soon as I returned here, I had many, many things that I had to do, the procedures for our house and children's school, etc.


The other day, I went to my parents house where was the most terrible disaster happened. I couldn't figure out the district with my parent's house and I also doubted my eyes whether this was a reality, because there were huge ships stood on the road as you saw on TV. I even couldn't cry because I felt such a great shock.


Anyway, as you know I left my house two months ago, so it became unhabitable when it was rots, such an awful smell. If you go inside, you can't be stand it for more than ten minutes.


When I came back here, I decided in my mind and said to myself  "Let's not cry because even though revival is a long way off. Let it be!"  But I know that it is not easy.


However, 25 volunteers, including some girls, came to my house and started cleaning for three days.When I saw how much they worked hard for my house, I thanked them deeply.When one young man from the volunteers saw our teaching materials and cards, he said to me "I learned English when I was kid and I know how many kids in Kesennuma must have had fun with you, I wish I could learn from you. So, let's collect the cards and wash them as much as possible."


When he told me, my tears flowed. It will take ten more days to clean our house because there are many helpers and too much heavy mud. The good thing is that our students or their parents called me and will be waiting for our school to start one day. The best thing is that Kazumi and Sara are going to their high school happily.


I actually don't know the future, but I'll move to new apartment next month and see what I can do next. I also think to start English lessons if I can use a rental office.


I feel we are very lucky because I heard many people who I know died or still missing after I came back from Kuwait. I really thank you and all the people who helped in Kuwait. I've got to hang in for my children and also for our future.


Thank you very much and I'll keep in touch with you.


Best regards to your husband and say hello to S and C.


Please take care.


Love, Miyuki








LWDLIK- Thank you Miyuki for your inspiration. I am in awe of your strength and faith xxx Thank you to all who showed love and compassion when it was so very needed xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always great to hear from you :O)