Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day To My Darling Husband

There is nothing like a song to evoke vivid emotions. This one has me in tears in nanoseconds. I had left Kuwait a month after the Invasion, I would have stayed if I thought I could have contributed and not put people in danger of losing their lives. My dear husband stayed and refused to leave his family and country. From September 1990 to March 1991- I heard nothing from him. I had no idea for six months whether he was dead or alive. It was a very tough time but thank God we had a happy ending. This song we shared with all those who had loved ones out here during that horrendous time.



Yep, after 20 years it can still turn me into a bubbling mess right thro til the end :OD

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I used to listen to that song in DC ALL the time during 90/91 and think about my (formerly someone special). I can't listen to this. I'm going to start crying.

    There was a song by Nabil Shael at that time also that if I heard it today, I would lose it.

    I'm so glad you are together and happy, Mashallah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ DG- Thanks sweety. Of course he's not an angel LOL far from it. And I do pray for patience every single day. But we make it work.
    Maybe the song by Nabil Shael is Ya Shams?

    ReplyDelete

Always great to hear from you :O)