Tuesday, August 31, 2010

For Brits Missing a Little Taste of Home Try Lulu Hypermarket


I found the bread post on Danderma's blog. Woohoo! She found fresh Kingsmill being sold at Lulu's. Must be the Gurain branch as didn't find any in Shuwaikh :O(















Lulu Hypermarket have a large range of British goodies and just found these in Shuwaikh. May have to restart my fourth diet of the month.. or not :O)
They have WeightWatchers desserts, Linda McCartney vegetarian dishes, Skinny Cows and some really yummy fat treats by Mr Kipling :O)
















UPDATE:
Just got back from Gurain branch (sometimes spelled Qurain) and they have 'the' most amazing range of goodies - I was in shopper's heaven.
Lucozade, beef sausages, loads of varieties of Kingsmill bread, crumpets, muffins, Lemon meringue pie, Jam Roly Poly and the list goes on...Thanx to Anonymous and Babbleq8 for expanding the list below in comments.

To get there take the 40 from the city heading to Ahmadi turn off at exit 208 Gurain and Qusor, keep right, go straight for approx 700 metres (you can the see Lulu's from the roundabout ahead of you on left) at small roundabout take last exit  take first right and parking is about 300 metres down the road. There's valet parking for the Jimmy Choo wearers.

This last one's for PMS days :O)

My apologies to Mr Lulu Hypermarket I did notice the no photography signs but thought these needed sharing with the people. Sorry :OD. And thank you for this wonderful range will tell all my buddies in an effort to have you restock these items :OD

9 comments:

  1. They get crumpets and muffins too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anon, isn't it marvellous? Normally when I get back to UK I send my husband crazy with my long 2-3 hour trips to the supermarket checking out all the things I've missed. I will have more time for other things now when in UK :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is amazing! I have got Lucozade, new cadbury chocs I haven't had before and iceland frozen fish! Did you see that they have monster munch too??? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Anonymous- Wahhhhh! Lucozade and Monster Munch... What a blast from the past. Not sure if I can wait until my shopping day on Tuesday to get back in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lucozade runs out pretty quickly, I stocked up with a crate full, i.e 24cans LOL

    The bread seems to have a four day expiry, also stocked up on that- freezer bursting open......

    They have every kind of Heinz soup you can think of, none of this tomato only like sultan offer...

    I got Iceland Apple Pie, Iceland Pizzas, Frozen Fish and they even have real sausages! Beef, obviously but they are right at the back on the left hand side, New Zealand but taste delicious! Really cheap too, like 300fils or so for 6/7!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Babbleq8- Nice going LOL! I've got to have some sausages. I think Lulu found their niche in the market LOL. Thanx for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today no Kingsmill bread :O(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo! Just heard from Lorraine that Kingsmill has arrived at the store.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You might want to also enjoy pictures of food from home - total enjoyment but no calories. If so check out www.watersidearts.co.uk and especially in the still life section Lisa Smith's "Mussels"

    For homesick Scots we've also got a section which shows prints of their clan lands.

    From a slightly chilly Scotland

    Kind regards
    Jan Morrison
    Waterside Arts

    ReplyDelete

Always great to hear from you :O)