Wednesday, March 17, 2010

When is Mother's Day 2010?



















Well, if you're a Westerner you've missed it (it was March 14th). If you live in Kuwait or in an Arabic country, and have a mum, wife or mother-in-law living here or there, you're in luck because it will be on  21st March. That still gives you some time to arrange a special gift.

- I personally like the photo CD idea with family pics on. Lovingly put together by you.
- Flowers are always a good idea.
- A special lunch somewhere nice.
- A spa day.
- A beauty day.
- A personalised cake.
- A diamond tiara and/or a red Maserati :O)

7 comments:

  1. for me as a mom I wish to have the last one :)
    Rawabi

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Holland Mother's Day is on the 9th of May :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rawabi- Me too ;0)

    @G,B,J,S- Imagine if you're Dutch and your wife is English and your Mum was living with you in Kuwait :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the CD idea .Never thought of it.
    Thank you for recommending www. Kuwaitagenda.com .Such a useful site for expats. Seems a lot is going here in Kuwait.
    I find this link also useful
    http://www.kuwaitagenda.com/en/shopping/for-her/829-mothers-day-gift-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anonymous, It's a great site and a nice link full of lovely ideas. Those cakes are fab! Thank you :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I"m not even a mother and I have one of the items listed as gift ideas !!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dear Anonymous (I know who you are :O)
    You are a lucky, lucky girl. At least I get to sit in the passenger seat once in a while. If I had red we would clash terribly so my husband, is saving himself a kidney, and you the inconvenience of having to park your wicked, burgundy baby around the corner. X

    ReplyDelete

Always great to hear from you :O)